Sunday, March 3, 2019

Christmas Quilt

I finally made a 'couch quilt' for my daughter, Kendra.  I used some of the same fabrics as the one I made several years ago for her hubs, along with some leftover from Marshall's quilt I finished last summer.  

This was another quick project.   Since there was absolutely NO matching of seams involved, I zipped right through the piecing.  It was also quick to do the FMQ.  I worked 1/2 (3 long panels) at a time.  Personally, I think I did a bit toooooo much quilting on it, but that's just me.


 Here you can really see the dense quilting.

 All spread out on my couch before I wrapped it.

And...there was enough for a pillow case, too.

I have (for ME) the exact same quilt design cut out and strips (somewhat) pieced...just needs subcut and pieced into strips.  I just couldn't bring myself to FMQ the exact same thing right away!  I actually had mine cut/started first, but put it away to make this for Kendra's Christmas present.

No comments: