Sunday, March 11, 2018

It's DONE...

The little guy's quilt is done!!  What started out as a quilt for a twin bed at my house...turned into a full size for his house!!  Go figure...


I didn't have enough of the blue for the entire backing, so I put an 18" green piece off-center.  It looks like I planned it that way...not that I didn't have enough fabric!

I did all the free-motion-quilting in one day, then finished up the borders (straight stitching with a walking foot, not FMQ) and the binding the next day.  Good thing my 1st attempt/try at FMQ is for a 2 year old who won't notice!!



The next day I made 2 pillowcases, burritio method (only way I'll make them).  As soon as DD/SIL puts up his double bed, I'll deliver this to him.  He's currently (finally) sleeping in his toddler bed...so the crib is going back to the nursery for Baby #2's arrival next month.

All fabrics were purchased from fabric.com.  THIS is the pattern I used.

No comments: