Friday, January 2, 2009

Stash Knit Down 2009

Well...I joined the "Stash Knit Down 2009" on Ravelry. Now to see how well I can do! Using up 100 skeins/balls of yarn from my stash sounds great, however, that's A LOT of knitting without buying any more yarn.

I began my first stash knitting yesterday on January 1st. I started a pair of worsted weight socks for myself. Since I never wear shoes in the house, I need to keep the digits cozy with socks. I picked a butt ugly green (originally bought [I thought] to use in a felted purse). The only reason I used that yarn was it was already wound in a ball . I'm doing magic loop, toe-up but am doing 1 sock at a time since I probably don't have enough green for a complete pair. I'm just going to knit away at socks till I use up the single skeins of worsted that I had to purchase. I might even get adventuresome and make toes/heels a different color. I really don't care if the socks match...that makes them more fun to wear.

I've got a hair appointment today so I know I'll get some knitting in while my hair cooks. I'm hoping to have the 1st sock done by tomorrow. The sock count down has begun!!

I also need to start the socks I'm test knitting, again from ravelry, Big & Tall group. Parker's getting a neat pair of colorful size 15. I don't know if I'll like the pattern though since the pattern is top-down. Those big socks are going to take forever with sock weight yarn using size 1 or 2 needles!! They are definitely getting done 2-at-a-time...I'd never finish the 2nd one!!

Off to start a spreadsheet for my yarn de-stashing.

No comments: