Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's Still Alive!


Well...I've actually kept this hanging petunia alive for a month now! DH gave it to me for Mother's Day. I really should give him some of the 'keeping alive' credit since he seems to water and dead-head more than I do. On a sunny day they're even more stunning. (I took the picture at 8:30 p.m. so there was no sunshine)

The trick will be in the next several days. Bill left today and headed to the boat then off to dinner with some friends, Tomorrow he has a speaking engagement...his last before retiring the end of the month. He's not sure when he'll be home. Kendra & I leave for our Girl's Weekend in Chicago on Friday afternoon. Parker's taking us to the airport, then he's heading to Wooster for a weekend wedding of a college buddy. So, looks like we'll have to rely on 'dog-sitting' Uncle Marshall to remember to come out and water my beautiful plant. Oh, sure hope DH comes home early!

Saturday in Chicago is now geared to 'yarn shop' browsing. There seems to be a cluster of them in the downtown area that we should be able to walk to. (we do a lot of walking on our trips) We're not checking luggage so that will keep us from buying too much!




No comments: