Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy (belated) July 4th

Happy (belated) 4th of July! We watched 'Red, White & Boom' (Columbus fireworks on 7/3) from Bill's office. Great view! It was just the 2 of us, his brother Dick & his wife Sue, along with his sister Jan. Amazing, but we were the only 5 people on the 30th floor. Bill's office faces right where they were doing fireworks. It was nice since this is the last year he'll be there. I did manage to get 2 dishcloths knitted while we were there and Sue & Jan were the recipients.

Bill & Marshall headed up to Cedar Point (the boat) on Friday morning for several days of fishing. Unfortunately, they didn't catch a single walleye and headed back home on Sat. afternoon. All they hooked were sheephead, but they did have fun reeling them in. But...Bill was on Lake Erie on Wed. and brought home walleye for the freezer. After fishing 2 weekends in a row, going out on the lake a total of 5 times, I think he's done with fishing for several weeks!

I spent my time alone in the house plopped on our easy chair, feet on the ottoman, knitting and catching up with tv shows I'd recorded. It's nice being home alone sometimes!! I was hoping it would have been warm enough to float around in the pool, but the water was waaayyy too cold for me.

We're replacing all the overhead lights in our house, along with a ceiling fan in the kitchen eating area and adding a ceiling fan to our bedroom. We made a Lowe's trip yesterday and found (and bought) the ceiling fans since they were on sale. Now to find the rest of the lights. We were really noticing tonight just how ugly/cheap the lights we have are! I might need to take day off work and head to Cincinnati and IKEA for the rest of the lights. I'm sure I'll bring home more than lights from IKEA!!

...off to bed and a book.


No comments: