Saturday, November 1, 2008

What happened to October? I think all I did was go to work and come home and crash. (it's been extremely busy at work)

No, that's not true. Parker's been hired (temporary) by the McCain Team Ohio. He's finishing up his 3rd week. Almost every evening of his 2nd week, I went to his office about 8:00 to help him with his paper work. That enabled him to get home before 1:00-1:30 a.m. His last day is election day. I'm sure on Wednesday he'll spend the day sleeping. He's targeting the money he's making as his 'move out of the parentals' fund. Now...to get a full time job so he can do just that.

My latest knitting addiction is definitely lace knitting. I'm working on 2 shawls, one with lace weight and one in worsted. Of course I'm liking how rapidly the worsted weight is going. I'm also taking a lace class at my favorite LYS in December.

Kendra's puppy is getting so big. Darby is such a pretty thing. She's definitely got a little mind of her own! She's regressing a little in her potty training and it's driving Kendra crazy. I keep reminding her this is pay-back from when she first brought Darby home and there were no accidents. Kendra's got a very long work day next week so we're keeping Darby overnight. I"m sure we'll make a trip to the pet store for some goodies!

I got Kendra's Christmas list several weeks ago...without any prodding. I sent her brothers an email telling them the pressure was on, that I had her list. (I told Parker I didn't expect one from him till after the election) Well, I got one from Marshall. Then I got a text message from him saying he'd like 'several' more pairs of knitted socks. My response was 'Funny, Funny'. When he was over yesterday I told him there was no way I'd have time to make him even 1 pair before Christmas and maybe he should learn to knit himself. I think he likes the idea, but he's afraid I'll have a national ad campaign telling the world that he's knitting! I'll see if I can get him to do a cotton dishcloth for himself...

No comments: