Friday, July 24, 2009

My 1st KAL

Yesterday I signed up for my first KAL(knit along) in ravelry. It's even a mystery KAL, all I know is that it will be felted bag. Trouble is, I won't get my 1st clue until Sept. 23.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to see the yarn that's available as a kit. Dear baby sis, Jan (ozona on ravelry), is also doing it. (she's completing her 1st KAL right now) so there will be a little sibling rivalry going on. Once again, I take full credit for her knitting skills, having made her learn several years ago when she was visiting.

Not much new in the knitting here. I'm still working on a small shawl/scarf with those damn yarn-overs. I completed 5 charts with my stitch count correct, everything looking awesome, only to get to the 6th chart and not have to correct number of stitches on my needles. There wasn't an errata for the pattern either. Grrrr...I will prevail over my lace knitting!

Last night I placed an order from
KnitPicks. Parker picked some sock yarn. Of course, the yarn he really liked needed to be hand washed...not happening. He finally settled on a yarn but, he was worse than a shop-a-holic at the Mall of America, couldn't decide and looked at everything numerous times. The yarn should be here early next week. They will definitely be done 2-at-a-time with his size 15 feet! That's a 'single sock syndrome' just waiting to happen if done one at a time.

Off to decide what to to have for dinner. Last I heard from DH (3 hrs. ago) he was sitting in a boat on Lake Erie with his fishing buddies, wait for a tow. Now doesn't that sound like fun? (at least it wasn't on our boat)


No comments: