Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter is Here!

This is what we woke up to on Saturday. It was soooo pretty. It started Friday morning and continued until Sunday. Our first shoveling was about 8" and then shoveled another 4-5" later. Parker said it was the snow kids dream about for the perfect snowman.




We had Darby over the weekend and she really loved playing in the white stuff. She tried to 'climb' on top of the snow, but to no avail. She didn't even mind the iceballs she got on her legs every time she went out to play. And she was such a help shoveling...until 'Grandpa' accidently met the shovel with her jaw. After that, she just supervised form the porch...at least when there were shovels in sight.
Our first 2 weeks of the new year took us to Florida and Alabama to visit Bill's sister Jan (FL) and my sister Jo (AL). It was a very relaxing trip and we really didn't do much, which was fine with us. We drove the entire way to Florida in one day (almost 18 hours) and over 1,000 miles! Boy, were we ready to get out of the car. But...we listened to an entire book and I got the back and both fronts of a cardigan done on that leg of the trip. On the trip from Fl to AL , I 'frogged' a cowl and made a scarf. On the final leg home, we listened to another book and I started on the sleeves to my sweater. S0...it was a very productive ride for me since Bill always seems to do all the driving.


The week after we got home, I ended up at Urgent Care to find out I had pneumonia in my lower left lung. That had me home-bound for a week with many naps and drugs. I could have left the house sooner, but it was so cold that week, I just didn't feel like breathing that cold air when I didn't have to. I didn't realize it would take that long to recover from pneumonia! Or how weak I'd be. Sure hope that never happens again.


...another storm is on the way and they're predicting another 8-12 inches of the white stuff. It's always nice to have 'fresh CLEAN' snow cover the dirty stuff. I went to the grocery today, made a big pot of chicken soup, so we're good to get snowed in...again.










No comments: