It's done!!! The deck curtain is done & looks great with the new awnings & cleaned/washed deck. We can now enjoy being outside without the sun in out faces . The fabric was bought at my local Jo Ann Fabric. I must admit, it looks better than the picture. But...it's quite lovely even if I must say so myself.
After much deliberation, I went with the purple border on this baby quilt. The (stash) fabric is from some fat quarters that I picked up on my travels with my friend Olga. Yesterday I got it all sandwiched together and was ready for my first (attempt at) free motion quilting. I went to get my quilt foot for my machine...couldn't find it. Damn. Guess I packed away everything from my studio too well. Carpet's not being installed until the first week in June so it will be awhile before I can get to it. Unless. My dear sis Susie lets me borrow her quilt foot. It would mean a 2 hr. drive each way, but I'd get to see her in addition to being able to work on it quicker.